Cancer is the most common fatal illness in cats and dogs. Knowing the symptoms you need to look for can be critical in early treatment. The sooner your vet diagnoses and treats your pet, the better the chances.
Here are some useful signs that show your pet may be at risk:
- Abnormal lumps or swellings that continue to grow
- Sores that never heal
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss
- Bleeding or discharge from any opening in the body
- Offensive odour
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Loss of stamina or hesitation to exercise
- Persistent stiffness or lameness
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty going to the toilet, urinating and defecating
- Any other unexplained symptoms
If you suspect that your pet is showing symptoms, contact your vet immediately. Don’t wait, fast treatment can make a huge difference to your pet.