Our Environmental Policy for Sustainability
Village Vet recognises that all businesses influence the environment in many ways. As such, we are committed to the constant improvement of our environmental performance concerning our services and operations at each Village Vet practice.
We are pleased that Village Vet has Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE). Village Vet Certification
We also identified the following main areas that contribute to the delivery of veterinary care through our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medication
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/client expectations
- monitoring key resource usage and implementation of conservation techniques
- implement waste and recycling policy and a sustainable procurement policy
- minimise unsustainable transport use
- publish and distribute an annual organisation sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a pledge of Village Vet Group management and shared responsibility with our Associates. Bruce Stevenson has been allocated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. Environmental Sustainability (EnSus) leads will be nominated for each branch of the business.
The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Signed: Bruce Stevenson
Date: January 2021
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist ([email protected])