What makes us different?
Why are we ‘The vet your pet would choose” or “Special Vets for Special Pets”?
Village Vet is a vet run and owned veterinary group that sets high standards of care for our patients, their owners and our staff. We do not compromise on these standards of care for the health and welfare of the pets we treat under any circumstances.
But what makes us unique?
- To work as a vet or a nurse at Village Vet you have to be committed to continued professional development. This results in a highly trained and skilled vet work force. We have more vets and nurses with additional advanced qualifications and specialisations working for Village Vet than any other practice in our neighbourhoods.
- Vets and nurses with advanced qualifications require excellent facilities and diagnostic equipment to perform to the best of their ability. All of our practices are part of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme. This is an external accreditation. We are proud that out of our 20 sites, 4 are graded at the highest level – emergency hospital standard. These are the highest standards attainable for surgeries such as ours and show that we have been independently accredited as performing to the highest standards of veterinary care.
- We have many Cat Friendly Hospitals to a very high specification. This acknowledges that we understand how stressed cats are coming to a vet and staying in a vet hospital. These cat only spaces provide very large kennel space as well as exclusive cat only quiet wards reducing the stress cats experience at a vet.
- We have uniquely in veterinary practice in London, integrated Veterinary Specialists (The highest qualification a vet can attain) into general practice. We have a CT scanner run by a specialist radiologist, We have a specialist soft tissue surgeon who performs highly complex surgery and specialises in “key hole” minimally invasive surgery. This provides a unique standard of care. We have employed a resident trained ,soon to be specialist in anaesthesia in our specialist centre in Hampstead. WHY? Because to us it is vital that we minimise risks with every anaesthetic and we reduce pain in every pet we treat.
- Our 24hr continuous care and emergency care hospital in Hampstead is run by a specialist in Emergency and Critical Care. This is unique to Village Vet. The standards he demands, the facilities and specialist medical monitors and equipment, the availability of specialist medications and blood supplies, increases the chances of your pets survival in an emergency.
- Our nurses are fully qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs)– for them, the job is a vocation. Our nurses are not just excellently trained but are genuinely caring, respectful to pets and clients alike and thoroughly devoted to the industry. Many of our nurses have attained advanced accreditations and provide superb levels of care.. Click here to see what our nurses do. At Village Vet we will not anaesthetise a pet without a qualified Vet Nurse in attendance.
- Our 24 hour hospitals in Hampstead, St Albans, Milton and Whittlesford are always available at any moment in time to treat an emergency.
- Our Online Pet Portal A UNIQUE online portal. Manage your pets medical records, appointments, vaccinations, prescriptions, special diets and Health Plans and much more, online. Download the app now on http://www.mypetportal.co.uk/villagevet
- Cattery – Village Vet runs a beautiful cattery adjacent to our St Albans Vet Hospital. This means there is 24hr veterinary care for peace of mind while you are away, in addition to a well appointed cattery.
- Click Here to read some testimonials.